Wednesday, 2 April 2014

I Am Not My Age

I Am Not My Age
(S. Telford)

This face in the mirror so weary and so wise
With experience came those bags under my eyes
Funny, when you're growing, how time suddenly flies
Funny, without slowing, your life is passing by.

These hands that you're holding so battered and so bruised
Experience taught me just how to sing the blues
Funny, when you're crying, how salt can taste so sweet
Funny, I'm not lying or admitting defeat

Another chapter ending,
It's time to turn the page
I need to stop pretending
That I am not my age.
My heart will soon be mending
The world is still my stage
'Cause I have stopped pretending
That I am not my age.

This hair that I'm brushing, I'm sure it's gray somewhere
With experience comes the guts to just not care
Funny how I spent my life, aiming for the best
Funny how that all has changed, I've given it a rest

Another chapter ending,
It's time to turn the page
I need to stop pretending
That I am not my age.
My heart will soon be mending
The world is still my stage
'Cause I have stopped pretending
That I am not my age.

Twenty one or fifty three,
Age is just a word to me.
Like a good bottle of wine
I get better over time

Another chapter ending,
It's time to turn the page
I need to stop pretending
That I am not my age.
My heart will soon be mending
The world is still my stage
'Cause I have stopped pretending
That I am not my age

No comments:

Post a Comment