Wednesday, 2 April 2014

My Garden Won't Grow Roses

 My Garden Won't Grow Roses
 (S. Telford)


I haven't seen a summer since you took your warmth away
Every August may as well be a December day
I miss the heat I used to feel just lying on your skin
But Winter's taking over me and keeping the cold in

I never see the sunshine setting like I used to years ago
And it's hard to hear my heartbeat when it's buried under snow
My garden won't grow roses in this freezing temperature
And I won't ever love again, believe me babe I'm sure. 

I haven't seen a summer since I heard the word goodbye
The cloud that's hanging over me is all that's in the sky
I miss the light I used to see reflecting off your skin
But winter's taking over me and keeping the dark in

I never see the sunshine setting like I used to years ago
And it's hard to hear my heartbeat when it's buried under snow
My garden won't grow roses in this freezing temperature
And I won't ever love again, believe me babe I'm sure.

I never thought my world would end without you by my side
But I learnt it the hard way when all my roses died

I never see the sunshine setting like I used to years ago
And it's hard to hear my heartbeat when it's buried under snow
My garden won't grow roses in this freezing temperature
And I won't ever love again, believe me babe I'm sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment